Airshow After Dark is Back
SACRAMENTO REGION, CA (MPG) - As the sun sets, the skies over Mather Airport will ignite with a feast for the senses as thrilling jets and aerobatic performers light up the sky with streaming flares, showers of colorful bursts from their wings and thundering pyrotechnics.
The California Capital Airshow After Dark (Airshow After Dark), presented by Sacramento County in partnership with the City of Rancho Cordova, is a unique nighttime extravaganza of flying, fireworks and music amid an aviation-themed festival atmosphere of family fun and entertainment. Airshow After Dark will kick off the weekend commemorating Mather Airport’s 100th birthday, Friday, September 21 at 5:00pm.
Come check out the ramp before the flying starts:
- Explore STEM exhibits including Aerojet Rockedyne's LaunchPad & Sacramento Children Museum's Kiddie Hawk
- Take a walk down memory lane in the Mather 100 Museum
- Check out the Recruiting Zone and learn about a variety of job opportunities in all branches of the U.S. military
- Grab a bite to eat from one of the many concessions booths & interact with miles of exhibitors!
Flying performances begin at 6:30pm:
- Opening ceremonies will include the U-2 Dragon Lady & T-38 Talons
- Enjoy Matt Chapman's aerobatic performance in his Embry-Riddle Extra 330LX
- The Canadian CF-18 Hornet will rock the skies -- don't miss the afterburner!
- Check out the most unique aircraft in the Airshow industry -- Fat Tire Cowboy's Yak 110
Don't miss these performers lighting up the sky with lights and pyrotechnics:
‘Magic by Moonlight’ - The world’s only nighttime aerobatic performance in a Beech 18. Equipped with 17 spotlights and 13 strobes, the top of this huge transport airplane lights up the night sky. Smoke, noise, choreography, and an incredible musical score, captivates audiences in this one-of-a-kind performance!
“Mr. Airshow”- “Mr. Airshow” will also amaze the crowd at NIGHT with fireworks mounted on ShowCat’s wingtips. This act will send chills down your spine as he flies a spell-binding performance set to music against the night sky.
Shockwave Jet Truck - You won’t want to miss Shockwave’s night show performance as it lights up the darkness with flames, thunderous noise and a flash of speed that will jolt your senses!
Redline Airshows - Jon Thocker and Ken Rieder in their RV-8s will light up the skies over Mather Airport with heart-stopping aerobatics enhanced by luminescent flairs, showering pyrotechnics and music!
US Army Golden Knights - This one-of-a-kind jump includes pyrotechnic canisters affixed to the soldiers' legs!
This one-of-a-kind Airshow will conclude with a MASSIVE wall of fire and breathtaking fireworks display!
The party will continue with a live concert – dance the remainder of the night away to pop hits performed by Wonder Bread 5 celebrating the Grand Opening of Sacramento Mather Jet Center’s massive NEW facility!
Check out a preview of the Night Show: http://bit.ly/2018CCANightShow
Don’t Miss Out - Purchase tickets NOW and SAVE
Source: California Capital Airshow